Friday 6 January 2012

No decision

I have received a lot of emails and messages from people asking for an update on the case.

Also, there has been a lot of speculation on twitter who are suggesting that my silence means I have lost or, in that the Claimant's actions means he has lost etc.

I must stress there is no decision that has been formally arrived at. Judgments are only finalised when they are posted on BALLI. Only then can the Judgment be discussed from a win/lose scenario.

Any person who reveals a decision before it is formalised can go to jail. This is serious stuff. The Civil Procedure Rules and Practice Directions make clear that:


"Any breach of the Practice Direction may be treated as contempt of court and punished by imprisonment."


So, to make it clear, I will not discuss the content of any judgment or any other aspect of the case until it has been handed down formally and appears on the public record. I know this is unsatisfactory for people interested in the case but the sanctions are quite severe and I have a wife and two young children who I have to take into consideration.

Thanks for your support and understanding... hopefully there will be some news which can be shared soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment